With a focus on the case management approach, assist clients to:
- understand their financial position
- understand the benefits and drawbacks of different options to manage financial issues
- develop budgets and cash flows
- negotiate with creditors
- access dispute resolution services
- understand their rights and access broader professional advice and support
- access government and community grants, programs or schemes.
Regional Small Business Financial Counsellors do not give family, emotional or social counselling or financial advice. They refer clients to other professional services, including accountants, legal services and mental health services.
Taranar and Cody
Taranar and Cody's business Frothy Feeds was heavily effected by the fires that ravaged Northern NSW in 2019. They saw an opportunity to pivot to an organic cafe model, but weren't sure where to start. This is their story.Read story
Need help to get through a difficult time?
Our financial counsellors can help help you understand your finances and make a clear plan to move forward.